I’m guessing that if you’ve scrolled through your Facebook feed recently, you’ve seen a lot of people asking for prayers. We could all use a prayer, but sometimes, I feel like God lays certain people on my heart to pray for very intently. It was near the end of 2017 when a sweet friend of mine went through a very traumatic experience. There was nothing I could do for her to help her heartache go away. All I knew to do was to pray, but it didn’t feel enough. I decided to make a commitment to continually pray for my friend. Shortly after, this little prayer challenge was born. It’s actually very simple.
7 People. 7 Days per week.
- Ask God to put 7 people on your heart.
- Write a prayer for each of those people and save those prayers in the notes section of your phone.
- Set an alarm on your phone for each day of the week. Title those alarms with the names you are praying for. (For example, your Monday alarm might say, “John,” and your Tuesday alarm might say, “Beth.”)
- Wherever you are when that alarm goes off daily, stop what you are doing, open that prayer in your phone, and say that prayer for that person.
Who Should I Pray For?
- Someone who you know is hurting
- Someone who you know needs to find Jesus
- Someone who you struggle to get along with or someone who you find offensive – not a prayer for them to change or to learn a lesson, but for them to be immersed in blessings and the overwhelming power of God’s love for them
- Someone who is struggling to meet a goal or fulfill a desire
- A child of yours or a spouse
- A co-worker you don’t know well at all.
- The future spouse of your child (even if your child is only 2 weeks old!)
- Your child’s teacher
- Your pastor
- A leader you respect
- A leader you struggle to respect